WTB: “beater” BBb tubas

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
scaringellidt
lurker
lurker

WTB: “beater” BBb tubas

Post by scaringellidt »

I am in search of ugly tubas that still function. Looking to outfit 5 of my fifth graders with horns for home, so looks are not important. The smaller the better but will gladly take what I can get.

Thanks!
MKTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: WTB: “beater” BBb tubas

Post by MKTuba »

I see a lot on ebay all the time. If you happen to be located in michigan there is a guy in grand rapids who sells brass instruments on facebook marketplace all the time, and he normally has a couple tubas available. I wish I had more info to give you, but am just going off of the adds I have seen.
B&S 3198 (PT6P)
Wilson 3200s

BM Tuba Performance @ Michigan State
scaringellidt
lurker
lurker

Post by scaringellidt »

Thanks MKTuba. I am keeping an eye on eBay but thought I might get some hits here. I am in NC so unfortunately not close to Michigan. I appreciate the info!
MKTuba
bugler
bugler

Post by MKTuba »

Ah rats. My only other suggestion would be to join the facebook "Frankentubas" group and ask there. I think a lot of people will buy "beater tubas" (as you put it) to try out new projects that they just never get around too. Good luck on your search!
B&S 3198 (PT6P)
Wilson 3200s

BM Tuba Performance @ Michigan State
WTurner
lurker
lurker

Post by WTurner »

I have a Dillon brand 7/8 size 4 rotor BBb tuba In like new condition with hard case