10yo daughter in scoliosis brace...in need of used Tuba Tamer

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
bigpapajon
lurker
lurker

10yo daughter in scoliosis brace...in need of used Tuba Tamer

Post by bigpapajon »

My 10yo daughter started playing tuba this year. She was recently diagnosed with scoliosis and had to start wearing a full torso hard shell brace yesterday, from waist to armpits. At home, I can work with her to adjust a tuba rest (DEG/Hercules), but at school, she needs to be able to start playing ASAP and it was already difficult for her to move the horn around without such a big motion restriction.

Do any of you know where I could find a used Wenger Tuba Tamer? I want her to be able to sit right up to the horn and confidently play. If we don't have a choice, we'll pay for one new, but money is a little tight and they aren't cheap.

Thanks in advance.
travisd
lurker
lurker

Re: 10yo daughter in scoliosis brace...in need of used Tuba Tamer

Post by travisd »

Can you get the school to pay for it (or some of it) as a medical accommodation?