WTB: 4/4 F 5v or 6/4 CC 5v

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
ZandertheGreat
lurker
lurker

WTB: 4/4 F 5v or 6/4 CC 5v

Post by ZandertheGreat »

Hey fellow Tubists,

I'm looking to buy a 4/4 5v (4 piston/ 1 rotary) F tuba and/or 6/4 OR 5/4 5v (4 piston/ 1 rotary) CC tuba. I'd prefer a silver plated horn and piston primary valves but if something comes up I'd consider anything descent. I'm trying to invest into an excellent set of horns to get back to where I was in the good old days. I'm located in the Pacific Northwest or meet near South Carolina (seems like most horns on this site are being sold in the mid-west to east coast). I would be willing to travel via airplane or driving up to 20 hours (approximately 1200 miles) to find something serious. Willing to spend a fair price for the products offered. Please, respond here or send me a DM. I've been on this site everyday for a few months now and I'm a very serious buyer- will check back soon!

Thank you, for your time.

Happy Vibrations,
Zander
arpthark
5 valves
5 valves

Re: WTB: 4/4 F 5v or 6/4 CC 5v

Post by arpthark »

Hi Zander. Long time no see. I'm guessing my old Willson F tuba is long gone? Hope it served you well! Good luck on your search.

Blake
The Brute Squad
bugler
bugler

Post by The Brute Squad »

If you're willing to fly out for a horn, I have a BMB J-865 for sale near Madison, WI.
Joe K

Player of tuba, taker of photos, breaker of things (mostly software)

Miraphone 181 F w/ GW Matanuska/Yamaha John Griffiths
Kalison Daryl Smith w/ Blokepiece (#2 32.6, Orchestra Grand Cup, Symphony American shank)
tntuba
bugler
bugler

Post by tntuba »

Hi Zander,
I have a Kurath F and a Hirsbrunner HB-21. Any interest in either or both? They are both silver-plated, and both 4P+1R valves. The Hirsbrunner is a 4/4 but can easily play with a big orchestra. The Kurath I think is technically a 5/4 but can be played in any setting you want.
Last edited by tntuba on Wed May 10, 2023 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurath/Perantucci/Willson F
Hirsbrunner HB-21
Getzen Custom Series Tenor Trombone
Southeastern Louisiana University
Principal Tuba, Rapides Symphony Orchestra,
Lake Charles Symphony, and Monroe Symphony Orchestras
ZetaTheory
lurker
lurker

Post by ZetaTheory »

I have a Meinl Weston Thor for sale her in northwest Ohio. Silver plated, 4 piston with rotary 5th valve. There's some darkening on the interior of the bell and some bumps along the one part of the tubing, but that's just age and active use. But the horn plays great. I know everyone says that about their own horns, but I played a lot of Thors in my day and I was always grateful that this was mine. Would come with a mute, and Altieri gig bag. I also have mouthpieces and other gear as well. I'm a motivated seller so please reach out to me.
xanperkins
bugler
bugler

Post by xanperkins »

I have an Eastman 836 (laquer, sorry) that I’m willing to part with for the right price. And I’m in the PNW!