WTB: Bach 30E or 32E mouthpiece

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
ewarren88
lurker
lurker

WTB: Bach 30E or 32E mouthpiece

Post by ewarren88 »

I'm no middle school student, but as a hobbyist playing a Conn 12J only a few times per year, I've discovered that I evidently have the embouchure of a sixth grader. These descriptions from the Bach catalog just sound too enticing...

30E: A small mouthpiece requiring little volume of air. For the young student with a small mouth.

32E: A small mouthpiece for the lightweight bass horn, or for the less robust player seeking a robust tone.

Short on air? Check. Less robust player? Yep. Couldn't hurt to try, though I'm not quite desperate enough to pay new pricing. Condition isn't terribly important. Let me know!

Thanks,
Eric
pdonoh
bugler
bugler

Re: WTB: Bach 30E or 32E mouthpiece

Post by pdonoh »

Eric

I have a Bach 32E mouthpiece in real good condition I don't use. I'd let it go for $25 + shipping if you're still interested.

Paul
TheGoyWonder
4 valves
4 valves

Post by TheGoyWonder »

My experience with a 12J is that it needs a Helleberg pretty badly to sound good, and anything notable smaller isn't the same. The description of the 30E sounds like snake oil, it might be as hard to get any quality into the sound using a 30E than just blow the note with a Helleberg.

If you do think you'll benefit from a small MP due to particular circumstance, Bach 22 might be the sweet spot. 12J is pretty mouthpiece sensitive.
ewarren88
lurker
lurker

Post by ewarren88 »

Thanks to both of you! I found one locally that I'm planning to pick up tomorrow - if anything falls through I will let you know.

I can appreciate that this horn might want particular mouthpiece characteristics to reach its full potential. Someday I might even be able to get a few of those optimal sounds out of it. For now, I'm really struggling with double buzzes and I seem to do a little better with the shallower cups that I have available to me. So it's something of a dice roll that will hopefully lead to more tuba sounds and fewer Wookie noises...

Eric