WTB - Valve Trombone

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Davidus1
bugler
bugler

WTB - Valve Trombone

Post by Davidus1 »

I am looking for an Olds Valve Trombone in good playing condition. I would consider another valve trombone if the bore size is .500 or bigger.
John 3:16

Mack Brass 200S BBb
Yamaha YSL-630 .525 Trombone
Conn 15I Euphonium
Mack Brass Euphonium
TheGoyWonder
4 valves
4 valves

Re: WTB - Valve Trombone

Post by TheGoyWonder »

Good choice! Don't forget the "marching trombone" variant, which is actually much more common. Reynolds, Bach, or Blessing brandings are more or less the same, in fact the Blessing is said to have the best valves (sourced from Willson).

King Flugabone is said to be...different. Not sure if anybody has ever actually seen the Kanstul version.
Davidus1
bugler
bugler

Re: WTB - Valve Trombone

Post by Davidus1 »

TheGoyWonder wrote:Good choice! Don't forget the "marching trombone" variant, which is actually much more common. Reynolds, Bach, or Blessing brandings are more or less the same, in fact the Blessing is said to have the best valves (sourced from Willson).

King Flugabone is said to be...different. Not sure if anybody has ever actually seen the Kanstul version.
Thanks. I would much prefer the "traditional" valve trombone rather than a compact marching version. I have played the King Flugabone previously and it is different but I liked it. I want something .500 or better. The Kings and Getzens are in the .480 range......too small for me.
John 3:16

Mack Brass 200S BBb
Yamaha YSL-630 .525 Trombone
Conn 15I Euphonium
Mack Brass Euphonium