WTB: 2 King sousaphone tuning bits

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
oldpatterns
bugler
bugler

WTB: 2 King sousaphone tuning bits

Post by oldpatterns »

WTB two King sousaphone tuning bits. The two bit system is the new one.

We own a King Sousaphone.

Thanks!
Michelle
Last edited by oldpatterns on Sun May 22, 2016 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arpthark
5 valves
5 valves

Re: WTB: King or Conn sousaphone tuning bits

Post by arpthark »

Conn and King bits aren't the same, at least the ones I bought. The Conn bits were too small for the King gooseneck.
oldpatterns
bugler
bugler

Re: WTB: 2 King sousaphone tuning bits

Post by oldpatterns »

Thank you. Do you know if you can use the two bit system with an older neck? My son has the older king system and wants to move to the two bit system (which is similar to the sousa system he is using with his high schools sousas). He owns his own King sousa at home.

thanks!

michelle
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

oldpatterns wrote:Thank you. Do you know if you can use the two bit system with an older neck? My son has the older king system and wants to move to the two bit system (which is similar to the sousa system he is using with his high schools sousas). He owns his own King sousa at home.

thanks!

michelle
Confusing yes. But King bits remain unchanged. Conn sousaphones made AFTER 1987 (other than the short-action models) are actually King sousas and also take the 'two bit system'.

If your sousa is a Conn make BEFORE 1987 you need to buy mouthpipe and bits for a 20K sousa.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
oldpatterns
bugler
bugler

Post by oldpatterns »

Thanks Dan!

My son has the older style 1 piece bit and neck for his older King Sousaphone. He is a tall kid and is finding it hard to get his mouthpiece to his face. He is asking for the two bit system. Will I have to change the neck and the bits - or just the bits?

-michelle
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

oldpatterns wrote:Thanks Dan!

My son has the older style 1 piece bit and neck for his older King Sousaphone. He is a tall kid and is finding it hard to get his mouthpiece to his face. He is asking for the two bit system. Will I have to change the neck and the bits - or just the bits?

-michelle
The Kings have always used the 'two bit system'. The 'one piece bit' he is now using is the bit that fits into the other bit that fits into the neck. The bit you need to go to a 'two bit system' is the one that is made to fit directly into the neck. Either bit will accept a mouthpiece. But unlike bits for an early Conn sousa... the King bits are not the same. They come as a set and are not interchangeable.

Buy a set of King bits and you'll have a spare!
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.