Cerveny 653 F

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
tmz1m
3 valves
3 valves

Cerveny 653 F

Post by tmz1m »

Anyone have one for sale? I guess I would consider something similar as well, but that model seems to have good feedback as a starter.
Rath R9 Bass Trombone
Getzen 3047AFR Tenor Trombone
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Cerveny 653 F

Post by bort »

I had one of these for a couple of years. Very fun to play and almost like a toy, because it was so small, light, and easy to play.

I thought it suffered the same issue as the similar size Yamaha 621, that there is a wall you hit with dynamic range. Anything beyond solo or quintet and you can get buried. In the end I found it to be impractically small for me. It was fun and I don't regret owning it... But I kind of wish I had bought a bigger F tuba from the beginning... And I never did get around to buying another F tuba!
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

More money, but A LOT more horn.....if it still available...as of last week it was...see last post with contact info...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=74249" target="_blank
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

The B&S is in a completely different ballpark, as it should be for more than 2x the price of the Cerveny. You get what you pay for. The Cerveny isn't bad at all, but the B&S is just that much better.
tmz1m
3 valves
3 valves

Post by tmz1m »

Thanks guys. Someone who is was talking to about a small F a few weeks ago got back in touch with me tonight and I might have a horn. We'll see tomorrow.
Rath R9 Bass Trombone
tmz1m
3 valves
3 valves

Post by tmz1m »

Other deal fell through. Still looking for an affordable F.
Rath R9 Bass Trombone