Chinese version of Norwegian Star

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Chinese version of Norwegian Star

Post by MaryAnn »

Please don't turn this into a Chinese tuba discussion. Who sells the Chinese copy of the Norwegian Star? I saw something on Wessex but I don't know if it is a Star clone or not.
MaryAnn

Re: Chinese version of Norwegian Star

Post by MaryAnn »

I want to try it but am reluctant because I have already sent back two tubas to Wessex and I imagine they are not that happy with me. I can't complain about their customer service.
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

MaryAnn wrote:I want to try it but am reluctant because I have already sent back two tubas to Wessex and I imagine they are not that happy with me. I can't complain about their customer service.
If you want to try it and can afford it, go for it. Wessex is a business first and foremost, but they would rather have you on here talking about how great there customer service is and how nice they are to work with even though you can't find a horn that is a good fit for you than to have you never try to make something work. And, as a company, I would rather hear my clients talk about how much they wish they could find the perfect product from my cheaper-than-a-lot-of-other-brands-but-by-no-mean-throw-away-money-prices offerings because they really have been happy with what they have seen and tried.

I'm sure Jonathan and Andy think nothing less of you because you are a repeat customer and I'm sure they know that once you find what you are looking for, you'll keep it.

Best of luck!
Robert S. Pratt
B.M., M.M. Tuba Performance
Getzen G60 prototype
MaryAnn

Post by MaryAnn »

so is it more like the Star Light (which I did not like when I played it at ITEC 2010. I like the Star very much.)