Need Mouthpiece for 1926 Modified Conn Giant Eb Tuba

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
TubaMyke
lurker
lurker

Need Mouthpiece for 1926 Modified Conn Giant Eb Tuba

Post by TubaMyke »

Greetings!
I'm looking for a shallow cup mouthpiece that's specific to a 1926 era Conn 4 valve Eb tuba. Conn made one, and I've read a recommendation of a Bloke mouthpiece, though I'm not exactly sure of which components are the ones I'd need to use for this mouthpiece. I've been lead to believe Bloke actually helped modify this particular tuba for another TubeNet forum member some time back. Any relevant experience based suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks, Myke.
TubaMyke
lurker
lurker

Re: Need Mouthpiece for 1926 Modified Conn Giant Eb Tuba

Post by TubaMyke »

Thanks Mark.
Any idea how affordable it is for this disabled vets pension?
Myke.
TubaMyke
lurker
lurker

Post by TubaMyke »

Small I think.
Myke.
opus37
5 valves
5 valves

Post by opus37 »

With a small shank,you have few options. There is the Sellmansberger solo with the small shank. There may also be the imperial option that would give you a better tone quality. These are very good mouthpieces but rather expensive. There is the Denis Wick line with out the L in the product number. These are significantly cheaper, but are bowel shaped and deeper. That's about it. I have a 1912, Martin jumbo and find the deeper mouthpieces work well on these large Eb's.
Brian
1892 Courtiere (J.W. Pepper Import) Helicon Eb
1980's Yamaha 321 euphonium
2007 Miraphone 383 Starlight
2010 Kanstul 66T
2016 Bubbie Mark 5