Odd Request

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
norsegingereuph
lurker
lurker

Odd Request

Post by norsegingereuph »

Hey Friends,
I received a request from a friend over on the tuba/euphonium facebook page to blast this message on over to here... So here it goes.

James Morgan- "Hi everyone, could use some help please. I have a Mercedes (by Vincent Bach) upright baritone horn, serial #02162, missing a 2nd valve. otherwise a sound horn although the finish is gone. Are these ever available as spare parts or salvage from other horns? Thanks for any information at all!"

If anyone has any leads or can be more helpful than I... You are fantastic and keep being rad.

:tuba:
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Re: Odd Request

Post by Dan Schultz »

I don't know of any written information about how any of the Mercedes model instruments cross over to standard Bach instruments. I've never had much luck with repair parts for Mercedes instruments... especially things like rotor linkages and slide locks on trombones.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
arpthark
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Odd Request

Post by arpthark »

I believe Bach tubas were an Olds stencil - wonder if that applies to the baritones as well.