Looking for a 5/4 CC Tuba

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
MillerE
lurker
lurker

Looking for a 5/4 CC Tuba

Post by MillerE »

Hello all!

I am in search of a 5/4 tuba for college while on a budget. I'm willing to go up to about $7,500. I am mainly looking for a Miraphone 1293 but i am willing to look into the 1291 or 1292. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?
EDIT** i will look into any kind of tuba if it is in my price range.
-EM
tubabuddha
bugler
bugler

Re: Looking for a 5/4 CC Tuba

Post by tubabuddha »

You should really check out my Rudolph Meinl 4/4 CC. I traded up from a miraphone 1291 for this horn and it's got a great sound and can hang very easily. Easily plays larger then the 4/4 size marking. But it can also do great in solo and chamber work. This is a great horn for college and beyond. Only $7000 for the horn

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=74670" target="_blank" target="_blank
Rudy Meinl-RM 45 CC
Besson 983 Eb

"A pinhole in a trumpet makes the instrument unplayable. A bullet hole in a tuba is never noticed."
Buddhatuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Buddhatuba »

Hi! Check out my Miraphone 1293 that I have for sale (located here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75475). My asking price is slightly out of your range, but we may be able to work something out.
danzeman
bugler
bugler

Post by danzeman »

I have posted a Miraphone 1292 New Yorker in the for sale board today if you are interested.
nbrenhol
bugler
bugler

Post by nbrenhol »

I am selling my Jupiter 584. I'd love to make a deal.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=73080" target="_blank
Mike-Johnson-Custom
bugler
bugler

Post by Mike-Johnson-Custom »

email me.
I have a New Cerveny 696-5IR 5/4 that will come in under your budget.

Mike
Mike Johnson Custom
http://m-j-c.co.uk
phone:
+44 161 298 5838
wesbraker
lurker
lurker

Post by wesbraker »

I highly recommend not settling for a tuba that you are unsure of. Play around and try a lot of things. I tried various tubas for sale in my general area but they were over-priced or just not what I was looking for. I had the opportunity to go the the Midwest Clinic where there are many tuba dealers that bring their big guns. I brought my mouthpiece and probably tried about twenty different tubas. Woohoo! It was heaven. The most satisfying tubas to play were those from Willson. I was in the market for a CC tuba and pretty sure I wanted to go with 5/4 because I like a big sound. Low and behold Willson has a 5/4 CC tuba. I probably spent 45 minutes of my day messing around on that tuba on the showroom floor. It was beautiful.
IMG_20141219_125635_9471.jpg
So that was the best part about Midwest. The worst was trying to ignore all the price tags in room. Unfortunately, the Willson 5/4 CC costs $15,000 off the shelf, so even thinking about coming close to buying one was completely out of the question.

HOWEVER

I posted on TubeNet that I was looking for (ideally) a 5/4 CC under $8,000. A couple weeks later what should appear but a wild Willson 5/4 CC within my price range! WOW!

I highly recommend the 5/4 Willson CC. It plays like butter and you have your pick of either rotary or piston valves. I use mine in my colleges top band and orchestra and have even been able to tone it down for brass quintet. I can easily fill a room with it. Also great for making spontaneous farts sounds behind people in the hall...

Here are a couple pics of it.
IMG_20150828_1318226.jpg
IMG_20150217_143930_5691.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wesley Braker
St. Olaf College
Principal Tuba, St. Olaf Band
Tuba, St. Olaf Orchestra