WTB G60 prototype

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
GCB50
lurker
lurker

WTB G60 prototype

Post by GCB50 »

I know they are far and few between. But if you have one you're willing to part with, or have a lead on one for sale, please let me know!
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Re: WTB G60 prototype

Post by thevillagetuba »

I know of three:

One is stamped "Getzen" and is the only actual Getzen-made one and, I believe, was previously owned by David Fedderly. (Might have made its way to Chicago after that for a time)

The other two are not stamped:

One is in Cleveland and used to be mine. My understanding is that this is the one that was used as the model for the stamped G60.

The third was purchased not that long ago from Dillon and features a wide wrap on the 4th valve tubing.
Robert S. Pratt
B.M., M.M. Tuba Performance
Getzen G60 prototype
arpthark
5 valves
5 valves

Post by arpthark »

thevillagetuba wrote:I know of three:

One is stamped "Getzen" and is the only actual Getzen-made one and, I believe, was previously owned by David Fedderly. (Might have made its way to Chicago after that for a time)

The other two are not stamped:

One is in Cleveland and used to be mine. My understanding is that this is the one that was used as the model for the stamped G60.

The third was purchased not that long ago from Dillon and features a wide wrap on the 4th valve tubing.
If only one is "Getzen-made," who made the other ones?
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

arpthark wrote:
If only one is "Getzen-made," who made the other ones?
Bob Rusk
Robert S. Pratt
B.M., M.M. Tuba Performance
Getzen G60 prototype
k001k47
5 valves
5 valves

Post by k001k47 »

For a while, I owned that frankenhorn Bob built. It had a couple of wonky notes, but It was a wonderful horn when I figured it out. I sold it to buy a tiny Meinl Weston 182, because it was a better companion - in terms of contrast of breadth of sound - to the Piggy I owned at the time.

FWIW, I'd buy that horn back in a heartbeat if given the opportunity. Also, based on heresay, Fedderly really enjoyed his prototype.
Sam Gnagey
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Sam Gnagey »

I can make one for you. Contact me if you're interested.