CC or Eb tuba

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
AaronPrill
lurker
lurker

CC or Eb tuba

Post by AaronPrill »

Hello, I am seeking out a higher end e flat or cc tuba (intermediate to professional level) that won't break the bank. Being a college freshman a lot of good quality tubas are simply not attainable just because I don't have the money. The absolute most I will be able to spend on a horn will be $5000 dollars and I would like to keep it below that number as much as possible. I am looking for either a cc (5 valve) or e flat (5 valve). I am open to offers and also suggestions on where to buy from and what kind of instrument that would fill my needs. Thanks, Aaron. :)
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Re: CC or Eb tuba

Post by bisontuba »

Talk to your college tuba teacher for recommendations.....
AaronPrill
lurker
lurker

Post by AaronPrill »

bisontuba wrote:Talk to your college tuba teacher for recommendations.....
I did but he (rightfully so) said that his opinions don't matter, what matters is what I think. I did ask him where to start looking and he said that he wasn't very familiar with most of the more inexpensive tubas (Stencils like Mack Brass, Wessex etc) or the new Jupiter tubas. I guess what I'm asking is which one of the tubas I have listed have been good in YOUR view since most of the people I know personally are not experienced with them.

AP :tuba:
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

Go play as many different instruments as you can--within you budget.
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Post by Michael Bush »

The regional ITEA conferences will be this Spring. And the Army conference is even sooner, if that is practical. Those should give chances to try instruments.

To just name a low-price CC lots of people find satisfactory, there is the Jinbao 186 several stores and dealers offer.
toobagrowl
5 valves
5 valves

Post by toobagrowl »

There is a Meinl-Weston 32 CC:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75410

...and a Kalison DS CC:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=73225

Both are in the for sale section here.

Both are good, solid, all-around 4/4 5v CC tubas for sale within your budget. The M-W 32 is comparable to the Miraphone 186, but imo, the M-W 32 makes a little nicer sound.
The Kalison DS is kinda it's own thing......sorta like a "European Yamaha".
Both are very decent do-it-all CC tubas :!:
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Post by Michael Bush »

toobagrowl wrote:..and a Kalison DS CC:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=73225