Hard case for a student

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Hard case for a student

Post by Tubajug »

Greetings,

One of my high school students will be traveling to Europe next summer with his tuba and is in need of a hard case to fly with. I told him I'd reach out to help him find one. He has one of those little Meinl-Weston model 11 tubas with four upright valves. I don't know the dimensions, but if anyone can point to a case that would work, I'll pass the information along to him and his parents. Many thanks!
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
sebastiansorsen
lurker
lurker

Re: Hard case for a student

Post by sebastiansorsen »

maybe this one or something like that https://claz.org/classifieds/for-sale/m ... Case&l=300" target="_blank
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Hard case for a student

Post by Tubajug »

I found this one on Taylor Music's website that says it fits Yamaha 104/105 tubas, which I think are about the same size as a Meinl-Weston model 11. Has anyone ever had these tubas side by side? He'll be bringing me his tuba so I can measure, but thought the wealth of knowledge on here might be able to add some input. Thanks!
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.