WTB-Upright bell for Olds or Reynolds Contempora

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

WTB-Upright bell for Olds or Reynolds Contempora

Post by edsel585960 »

I know the old "stovepipe" bells for Olds/Reynolds detachable bell horns are almost as hard to find as 21/25 J bells but I thought I'd see if anyone has one they don't need. Condition is not a big deal. I recently picked up an Olds 3 valve with a 23 inch recording bell. It's the equivalent of a Reynolds TB-11 with a few minor differences. Plays like a beast and would really like to find an upright for it. PM me if you have anything. Thanks, Dan :) :tuba:
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.
TUbajohn20J
4 valves
4 valves

Re: WTB-Upright bell for Olds or Reynolds Contempora

Post by TUbajohn20J »

Were those really tall stovepipe bells original factory bells? They always looked so goofy to me I thought they were homemade. I don't see why you can't put a 2341 upright bell on it. Unless the throat is different size? If I recall I saw a short stack upright bell on a Reynolds somewhere and it looked a lot less funky. Those really tall homemade uprights for the 20J look pretty crazy, too. My opinion.
Conn 26J/27J
Conn 22K Hybrid