Sousaphone under $800 NYC

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
ARIDTRAX
lurker
lurker

Sousaphone under $800 NYC

Post by ARIDTRAX »

Hi all

I am a London based tuba player needing a sousaphone for a gig. They are pretty hard to get hold of here at a price that I can afford at this short notice but I will be visiting NYC from 14th to 20th February and am hoping to find something while I'm there.

My budget is up to about $800 - I'm not too fussed about make, model and condition as long as it plays. Eb is preferred as that's what I'm used to but I've played on Bb before as well and willing to have a try on a C.

Thanks for reading.

David
sousaphonehero
bugler
bugler

Re: Sousaphone under $800 NYC

Post by sousaphonehero »

Good quality 3-valve Eb sousaphones can definitely be had for less than $800. Check ebay if possible. There are a few decent-looking ones.
Miraphone 186 CC 5v
Conn 21J
Buescher 4/4 Eb
Amati Kaiser Baritone
Wessex Trombone
Heliconer
bugler
bugler

Post by Heliconer »

I have a 4v Eb Conn 28K I'd let go of, I'm in California though, not sure I could get it there in time!
A bunch of metal fart noise machines
ARIDTRAX
lurker
lurker

Post by ARIDTRAX »

Thanks for your suggestions - I managed to find something on eBay in Indiana, hopefully they can get it to NYC in time!