WTB: Hard case for a Piggy (Is there such a thing?)

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

WTB: Hard case for a Piggy (Is there such a thing?)

Post by Michael Bush »

I have a satisfactory bag, but I'd like a case as well, if they exist. I've never seen a Piggy in a case that I know of.
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Re: WTB: Hard case for a Piggy (Is there such a thing?)

Post by Michael Bush »

58mark wrote:well they come with hard cases from the factory, so I would imagine there would be such a thing. maybe it could be ordered?

When I bought my piggy, the guy I got it from was supposed to get me the hard case that he had for it, but the idiot didn't pay the storage building rental, and everything inside got auctioned off.
Ugh.

Well hopefully someone has one? If I have to order it, that's what I'll do.
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Post by Michael Bush »

58mark wrote:You can have my hard case for my Prague, but who knows how well it would fit. It would be close
I'll send you a PM in a few minutes after I take some measurements.
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Post by Michael Bush »

the elephant wrote:Piggy model tubas have been made in a lot of different dimensions over the years. There is no "piggy" case per se, except for whatever the horn was matched with when it was new. So a new piggy's case may not fit a piggy from the 1960s or 1970s. They all vary in height and girth by several inches at the extremes. If the Wessex case is a bust you could build a case or just get the closest match MTS case. Of course, building one would net you a perfect fit for your personal tuba. The MTS case would likely require gutting and reshaping the interior padding, then recovering it. Hint: that cheesy fake fur used inside instrument cases can be bought by the yard at a large fabric store. I have remade case interiors for years with foam and fur from our local fabric store.
The tuba is not old at all. In the range of 10 or so years old. Surely one would be around.

However, I like the idea of building one very much.
Mike-Johnson-Custom
bugler
bugler

Post by Mike-Johnson-Custom »

Hi,
Drop me a message.
I've got access to the Factory!

MIke
Mike Johnson Custom
http://m-j-c.co.uk
phone:
+44 161 298 5838