Bought: Case or Bag for Small Eb Tuba

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
largobone
bugler
bugler

Bought: Case or Bag for Small Eb Tuba

Post by largobone »

Hi everyone! Looking for a cheap case or bag for my new '61 Conn 14J Eb.
31" tall
16" bell
~13" across throughout (except bell of course)

I'll consider anything from a bag to a flight case as long as it's cheap, if I don't find something here in the next week or two I'm going to get a Wessex bag. If anyone could let me know how their's is holding up and whatnot that would be great!

If you've got something, email me at: L a r g o b o n e @ gmail com
Last edited by largobone on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
MM DePaul University
bass trombone, Evanston Symphony
trombone, Ohio Light Opera
MN_TimTuba

Re: WTB: Case or Bag for Small Eb Tuba

Post by MN_TimTuba »

Certainly give Wessex a solid look. I'm very happy with the one I purchased for my Holton 345. The hidden backpack straps are terrific, I sling it over my back all the time now. The 2 zippered pouches hold my music folder, mouthpiece and accessories, Kindle, water bottle, and sandwiches. My only disappointment is my own fault - while carrying it by the handle I let the bottom of the bag scrape against sidewalks a couple of times right below the bell, and it tore the seam open for a couple of inches. Not a design error, just my laziness.
Very good product, and you generally can't beat the price.
2 Thumbs up.
arpthark
5 valves
5 valves

Post by arpthark »

Either the straps in my Wessex bag are too thin or the plastic fasteners are wonky. They slid right out and it almost fell off my back while I was carrying it. I have to carry it with the handle now. The handles are a bit too long, so the tuba is close to the ground. Just my experience, wouldn't recommend.
largobone
bugler
bugler

Post by largobone »

Tim-How thick is the padding all around? And on the bell? Generally, I'm worried about putting it in a bag because it is not as protected, but I'm willing to take that chance for now because I don't plan on transporting it very often anyway. However, it doesn't look like the bag offers much protection at all based on the pictures.

Mark-Based on my dimensions, I would get the 360 (16" bell, 32" height version). There isn't a 320 listed on the website right now, what horn did you have in it and is it a comparable size?

arpthark-I've noticed that a lot with backpack straps on bags of all makes, odd that even the most expensive bags can't seem to fix this problem. I'm not as worried about that problem as much as I like to carry it by the handle most of the time anyway, and my arms aren't that long so scraping the sidewalk shouldn't be an issue for me.

Thanks for the answers so far everyone!
MM DePaul University
largobone
bugler
bugler

Post by largobone »

Just sent a PM your way, Mark
MM DePaul University
largobone
bugler
bugler

Post by largobone »

Got one!
MM DePaul University
MN_TimTuba

Re: Bought: Case or Bag for Small Eb Tuba

Post by MN_TimTuba »

Largo,
Good for you - what did you end up purchasing?
Tim