CC Tuba Needed

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Jameskaravites
lurker
lurker

CC Tuba Needed

Post by Jameskaravites »

Does anyone know of someone selling a CC tuba in the Chicago area? I am a high school tuba player and I need a CC tuba for college.
Matthew Gaunt
pro musician
pro musician

Re: CC Tuba Needed

Post by Matthew Gaunt »

PM sent
Faculty
Bienen School of Music at Northwestern University
Northern Illinois University
Wheaton College
https://www.music.northwestern.edu/facu ... thew-gaunt
Salazarsam33
bugler
bugler

Post by Salazarsam33 »

I have a silver 5 valve wessex Wyvern C tuba if you are still looking
Wisemann C
BMB F
Ltrain
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Ltrain »

If I could do undergrad over again, I'd do it with an Eastman 632. If this horn is still around, you should buy it. You'll be set for life viewtopic.php?f=4&t=78427&p=625791#p625791" target="_blank

There's also that Wyvern, which is a beast of a horn. Are you a big guy? That horn MAY be unwieldy for private lessons and regular practice, but it would be KILLER in any school ensemble!

I'm excited for you... so many more horn options now than there were "when I was your age." Have fun!
Eastman 853 Eb ("Edith")
1963 King 1250 Sousaphone ("Jackie O")
Aguilar Amplification
--------------
Founder, L Train Brass Band
Ltrain
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Ltrain »

One more insider tip... you're close to WWBW showroom, and as an authorized Miraphone reseller, the salespeople always seemed to be able to whip up a killer deal in person. This was 8 years ago, but last time I was there, I almost left with a "showroom B stock" (though seemingly brand new) 188 for $5K that just sounded incredible.

If not for the Eastman I have today, I'd be kicking myself for not taking it home.

Ryan
Eastman 853 Eb ("Edith")
1963 King 1250 Sousaphone ("Jackie O")
Aguilar Amplification
--------------
Founder, L Train Brass Band
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

BrooklynBass wrote:One more insider tip... you're close to WWBW showroom, and as an authorized Miraphone reseller, the salespeople always seemed to be able to whip up a killer deal in person.
The WWBW showroom closed many years ago and all of their sales are done online now.
BrooklynBass wrote:
There's also that Wyvern, which is a beast of a horn. Are you a big guy? That horn MAY be unwieldy for private lessons and regular practice, but it would be KILLER in any school ensemble!
I have to disagree about your presentation about the size of the Wyvern. Itnwas easier for me to hold and more comfortable than the 1291 I owned years ago and isn't really that big or unwieldy (I have a smallish frame and am only 5'4"). If one is smaller than me, then I could see it possibly being a problem, but then so would most horns that are going to be large enough to be considered acceptable for serious study.
Robert S. Pratt
B.M., M.M. Tuba Performance
Getzen G60 prototype
Philtubes
bugler
bugler

Post by Philtubes »

I have a PT-6P silver in excellent condition (5years old). If you're interested send me an email at
Phillihp@live.com" target="_blank
Philtubes
bugler
bugler

Post by Philtubes »

I have a PT-6P silver in excellent condition (5years old). If you're interested send me an email at
Phillihp@live.com" target="_blank" target="_blank