Wisemann 900 valves

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
hubert
3 valves
3 valves

Wisemann 900 valves

Post by hubert »

Has anyone the original Wisemann-900-valves for sale, e.g. because he replaced them by MAW valves?
If so, please contact me by PM or email (a.h.laeven@hetnet.nl" target="_blank).
Thanks a lot in advance,
Hubert
MikeMason
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Wisemann 900 valves

Post by MikeMason »

I have a set, but not sure I want to sell. Bloke cautions me to keep if I ever dropped and needed an emergency replacement. Been playing 36 years now and so far that's never happened. Make me an offer...
Pensacola Symphony
Troy University-adjunct tuba instructor
Yamaha yfb621 with 16’’ bell,with blokepiece symphony
Eastman 6/4 with blokepiece symphony/profundo
hubert
3 valves
3 valves

Post by hubert »

Thanks a lot, Mike. I am waiting for price information from the European representative of Wisemann. After I have got the information, I hope to make you a fair offer.
Regards,
Hubert
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

Not all Wisemann 900s fit MAW valves... I know a guy with one from one of the first couple of batches that came through MackBrass and it has smaller valves, which are not interchangeable with MAW valves, than the ones that guys I know have from the last batch or two that came through there (those are interchangeable). If yours fits MAW valves, then you should look into buying these PT-6P valves (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=78907" target="_blank) as they should also fit into your horn and are at quite a reasonable price as I'm sure it will be at least double what is being asked for those B&S valves for new Chinese ones.
Robert S. Pratt
B.M., M.M. Tuba Performance
Getzen G60 prototype
hubert
3 valves
3 valves

Post by hubert »

Thanks a lot to Thevillagetuba for warning. I better make measurements with the help of my repairman first. My own measurements seem to indicate that the valves of my Wisemann are of somewhat larger diameter than those of B&S......
Hubert
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

hubert wrote:Thanks a lot to Thevillagetuba for warning. I better make measurements with the help of my repairman first. My own measurements seem to indicate that the valves of my Wisemann are of somewhat larger diameter than those of B&S......
Hubert
You're welcome and your measurements might be correct and the B&S size might be smaller than the old Wisemann (which sounds more correct the more I think about it). Either way, best of luck acquiring whichever set you need and hopefully B&S size will be what you have as that will make life easier.
Robert S. Pratt
B.M., M.M. Tuba Performance
Getzen G60 prototype
hubert
3 valves
3 valves

Post by hubert »

To Mike: PM sent.
Hubert