WTB CC 4V Sousaphone in Massachusetts area

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
thegreatrodinkis
bugler
bugler

WTB CC 4V Sousaphone in Massachusetts area

Post by thegreatrodinkis »

Hello! I don't even really know if this is an actual thing, but I'm looking for a CC 4 valve sousa. I've seen only but one person to ever own one, and it was merely just in passing (but we were playing the same music so I could tell it was a CC by their fingerings). I'm not sure if it were custom or not, but I'm surely interested in it. If anybody has a horn like this for sale, let me know. I'm not looking for something with brand new quality, merely something that I can pick up and carry around with me for small gigs when I need it. If possible, I would like to stay somewhere between $300-500. Thanks!
CC Kalison Daryl Smith - Warren Deck WD3
F BMB Gemeinhardt - Dillon Music Olka B1-A
DouglasJB
4 valves
4 valves

Re: WTB CC 4V Sousaphone in Massachusetts area

Post by DouglasJB »

Dan the Village Tinkering was working on one, you could contact him, I'm willing to bet it is out of your $300-500 price range
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

One of Harvey Hartman's CC conversions may be up for sale in the Knoxville area. It's gonna be QUITE a bit more than your price range.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
Ltrain
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Ltrain »

Dan Schultz wrote:One of Harvey Hartman's CC conversions may be up for sale in the Knoxville area. It's gonna be QUITE a bit more than your price range.
It's now spoken for and en route to Brooklyn 8)

However, that puts my cool little 3V CC Sousa on the market (in the classifieds now!)
Eastman 853 Eb ("Edith")
1963 King 1250 Sousaphone ("Jackie O")
Aguilar Amplification
--------------
Founder, L Train Brass Band