Cheapest Working BBb Wanted

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
TubaPresident
bugler
bugler

Cheapest Working BBb Wanted

Post by TubaPresident »

I am a incoming music major freshman looking t buy the cheapest BBb tuba I can. I have always played a school owned horn and I am in need of something that at least works. I am desperate to get some kind brass instrument to at least keep my brass chops up. Thanks!

:tuba:
Kevin Nicholson

1940 F.A. Reynolds - 4 Valve Baritone (US Model)
Tabor
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Cheapest Working BBb Wanted

Post by Tabor »

Tubas
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Post by edsel585960 »

I've got a 10J conn that plays well. You can have it for $450 plus $50 Greyhound shipping.
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.
royjohn
3 valves
3 valves

Post by royjohn »

Hi Kevin,
I have a Chinese Miraclone BBb that I got from a student in Alabama that used it for his BS and then went on to buy a CC for his Masters. This was about 5 years ago and I haven't played it much due to medical issues. Has a spot of hand wear in the lacqure that could be patched up and a couple of very minor pings. Very nice intonation. I can let this go for $1000, not much less. I could meet you somewhere between you and Tennessee and I would be willing to take two of three payments. Don't buy the cheapest thing you can find even if you don't want my horn. You only live once and you deserve something that plays decent during your college years. Let me know if you have an interest, I can send pix. but act quikly, as elsewise I will farm this out somewhere on consignment.
Best,
royjohn
royjohn
TubaPresident
bugler
bugler

Post by TubaPresident »

royjohn wrote:Hi Kevin,
I have a Chinese Miraclone BBb that I got from a student in Alabama that used it for his BS and then went on to buy a CC for his Masters. This was about 5 years ago and I haven't played it much due to medical issues. Has a spot of hand wear in the lacqure that could be patched up and a couple of very minor pings. Very nice intonation. I can let this go for $1000, not much less. I could meet you somewhere between you and Tennessee and I would be willing to take two of three payments. Don't buy the cheapest thing you can find even if you don't want my horn. You only live once and you deserve something that plays decent during your college years. Let me know if you have an interest, I can send pix. but act quikly, as elsewise I will farm this out somewhere on consignment.
Best,
royjohn
royjohn,
I will be using a school owned horn when I attend the school and will be checking it out before my audition. I just need something that just works from then and now.
Kevin Nicholson

1940 F.A. Reynolds - 4 Valve Baritone (US Model)