Holton 345 main tuning slide

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
thejester10276
bugler
bugler

Holton 345 main tuning slide

Post by thejester10276 »

Hi all,

This Holton tuba has been through a hurricane (Long Island hurricane Sandy, 2011) and has been passed on from its deceased owner. It is in bad shape unfortunately from lots of saltwater damage, and among this is also missing the main tuning slide :(

The horn right now is a mess, but will be cleaned up soon. Instead of attempting to fabricate a tuning slide for it, I am searching for (if possible with the odds of a million to one) a donor main tuning slide from either another 345, 340 or 99/ 105, etc. Link to imgur (not photobucket...) will be posted below. In the second photo, you can clearly see a pile of sand. Just picking it up and moving it around caused that to fall out of the bell, along with all the cobwebs and other fun things inside it and even the mouthpiece receiver. I think with the 95% of the horn there and 1000% TLC given to it, it will be a fun horn to play. Also note the area by the engraving has been polished slightly, but in actuality it has been very heavily polished in that area with a strong silver polish, but the damage to the finish along with it being satin silver *cringe* makes it extremely difficult to clean well. (And yes I know the pictures are not necessary, but they are there for anyone who wishes to see the horn)

Also, if someone has a valve cap and/or finger button, I would be interested in that as well, although I am sure I will be able to find replacements for those more easily than the MTS.

Thanks for reading, I can be contacted either through this thread, through PM, or via my email at Jessehirshon@aim.com" target="_blank" target="_blank. Whichever venue of communication is preferable.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/Hct7C" target="_blank" target="_blank

**And NO, it is not for sale**
Last edited by thejester10276 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thejester10276
bugler
bugler

Re: Holton 345 main tuning slide

Post by thejester10276 »

the elephant wrote:Just to be clear, this tuba is NOT for sale. Correct?

You are only looking for the listed parts?
Yes. I do understand the heartache that this causes though... this Holton is NOT for sale.
thejester10276
bugler
bugler

Re: Holton 345 main tuning slide

Post by thejester10276 »

That will likely be what I'll do if there are no other options. It's been in the back of my mind since I realized it was missing. Thanks for the advice!