WTB: Massive Cerveny Thumb ring

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
yetituba1
bugler
bugler

WTB: Massive Cerveny Thumb ring

Post by yetituba1 »

AS the title of the post says, I'm looking for one of those old style Cerveny thumb rings! (see attachment--thanks to the Brass and Pipes blog! https://brassandpipes.wordpress.com" target="_blank)

If you have one of these laying around, I'd be more than happy top take it off your hands ! Not interested in the Rudy Meinl variation on this, but the actual Cerveny one.

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Re: WTB: Massive Cerveny Thumb ring

Post by The Big Ben »

58mark wrote:I've tried to find one of those for years. It's been suggested to me that they are not hard to make. Maybe I'll try that at some point
Dan Oberloh makes a thumb ring to install by request. He takes brass tubing, anneals it and wraps it around an appropriate diameter mandrel and it looks like a car wheel spring. He then slices the coils, bends them into rings and solders the ends together. Methods of mounting the ring to the instrument vary as per individual installations.

I had him put one on my Olds and the larger diameter is more comfortable. I have a short little finger so I can move my hand and get more of my finger on the button for better leverage.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: WTB: Massive Cerveny Thumb ring

Post by bort »

The original thumb ring on my Willson was pretty large, in the sense that it is a thick round piece of metal, instead of being flat, like an actual ring.

Outer diameter is 2", inner diameter is about 1 3/16". Not massive, but better than "normal"...?