WTB: .650 Rotor assembly including casing.

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
cheburashka
bugler
bugler

WTB: .650 Rotor assembly including casing.

Post by cheburashka »

I have a Meinl Weston compensating valve section in .650 bore that's missing the rotor, bearing plate, and cap. I'd like to put in a new valve in the same configuration. It's a pretty standard port layout--I'm not even sure how you describe it, but a picture probably answers any questions you might have:

Anyone have anything like that, or a source where I could pick one up? I don't have access to Conn/Selmer or Allied.

Thanks
cheburashka
bugler
bugler

Re: WTB: .650 Rotor assembly including casing.

Post by cheburashka »

Aha!! Marching brass. I hadn't thought of that.

I see that Kanstul still makes a .656 horn. I'll contact them and see if they have a rotor to fit. Or if not, maybe a piston valve would work in this application.
cheburashka
bugler
bugler

Post by cheburashka »

Actually, those would probably work as currently configured. The tubing for the 4th valve is not made up of long curves. It's a series of 90 degree angles connected with ferrules. Changing the orientation of the tubing leading to the ports would probably be fairly easy.

I've contacted Kanstul. I think they inherited a lot of the Olds parts, so maybe they have one of these in stock.
cheburashka
bugler
bugler

Post by cheburashka »

Good news. You can still get .650 rotors. Meinlschmitt has tuba rotors that start at 16.5mm, which is .649. They come in nickel casings.

Since the original is nickel, I would bet that it was made by Meinlschmitt. I'm hoping I can just transfer the rotor, bearing plate and cap over. Sadly, they're $165 apiece. Seems like a lot for a rotor.