WTB Bell for Conn 2xJ tuba

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
PMeuph
5 valves
5 valves

WTB Bell for Conn 2xJ tuba

Post by PMeuph »

Ideally, I'm looking for a Silver plated upright bell for a Conn 2xJ.

That said, I'm open to recording bells and/or lacquered brass finish.

Let me know what you have!
Yamaha YEP-642s
Boosey & Hawkes 19" Bell Imperial EEb
PMeuph
5 valves
5 valves

Re: WTB Bell for Conn 2xJ tuba

Post by PMeuph »

the elephant wrote:Keep in mind that a fairly beat up upright bell will cost you at least $750, and a good one will cost more like $900. I have not noted a big markup for silver over brass, or lacquered over raw brass. They are *that* rare to find for sale by themselves.

You can find a decent recording bell for like $250 and a very nice one for about $400. Again, the finish does not seem to make a big difference in the asking price, in most cases.

So, regardless of condition or finish, the upright bells go for more than double the recording bells.

Good luck. If you will look we have at least three recording bells (one silver) up for sale right now. We had links to two upright bells up on eBay recently.

They are out there. Keep looking.
Thanks for the cues, Pachy!

I did notice the one silver bell, but that one is almost sold (ie. in transit to de buyer).

I have been mostly setting my eBay to the .ca (doesn't show items that don't ship to Canada) version so I guess I missed the last ones that went up there, but I'll make a note to check the .com version and hassle the sellers about international or greyhound shipping.
Yamaha YEP-642s
Boosey & Hawkes 19" Bell Imperial EEb