Gnagey 4/4 BBb ?

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Michael Grant
bugler
bugler

Gnagey 4/4 BBb ?

Post by Michael Grant »

I am on the hunt for a good 4/4 (no larger) BBb tuba that blows free and easy, plays in tune, easy to hold (I'm gettin' old!), etc. I remember how wonderful the Gnagey CC's I have played fit that description and was wondering if anyone has a Gnagey Frakentuba in BBb they might be interested in selling?
Michael Grant
Wessex HB24 BBb Helicon
King 2341
Tabor
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Gnagey 4/4 BBb ?

Post by Tabor »

hrender wrote:I don't think Sam makes BBb frankenhorns, but Tabor does. One of his is for sale here and another here.

Sam has made some BBb ones. The BBb Martin Mammoth one with 1-3 King, 4-Conn and a rotor valve is pretty cool. I know he would also be able to make a BBb version of the small 4/4, if he wanted to.
Tubas
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

Sam constructs many of his horns from King donor horns. Another option, then, is a good used King.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Tubajug »

iiipopes wrote:Sam constructs many of his horns from King donor horns. Another option, then, is a good used King.
Haha, I was just going to say that a Gnagey 4/4 BBb would be just a King!

The horn I play on is similar to ones Tabor has built. It's an older King 2341 with a Holton monster Eb bell on it (plus some tubing to keep the length to BBb). Dan Schultz helped get mine into tip top shape after I put it together.
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
Michael Grant
bugler
bugler

Post by Michael Grant »

iiipopes wrote:Sam constructs many of his horns from King donor horns. Another option, then, is a good used King.
Good point. Thank you. I have been checking some of these out as well as I have friends who have been very happy with the ones they have had.
Michael Grant
Wessex HB24 BBb Helicon
King 2341