Looking for a Good Gig Bag (Eastman EBC-632CS)

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
DeltaHalo
lurker
lurker

Looking for a Good Gig Bag (Eastman EBC-632CS)

Post by DeltaHalo »

I have just received my brand new Eastman EBC-632CS, and as such I am beginning to search for a gig bag. I have used the Tuba Exchange bags before, but I would like to avoid them as much as possible because I have had several issues with the quality of their bags.
I have looked at the Gard Wheelie Bags and I like them although, I do not particularly like the price, but if it is as good a bag as the price ought to suggest then I can imagine why. If anyone has any experience with those bags and would offer some insight that would be awesome.
Thanks in advance for any and all input.
-DeltaHalo
"If they came to hear me beg, then they will be disappointed."
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Looking for a Good Gig Bag (Eastman EBC-632CS)

Post by Ken Crawford »

I think Cronkhite is running a 20% off sale right now. Nothing as nice as a Cronkhite.
fenne1ca
3 valves
3 valves

Post by fenne1ca »

I'm against Gard's wheeled bags - the tuba rests on its bell, and the energy from every bump you hit will transfer straight into the weakest part of the curve. I rather like Gard's regular bags, though. Thick padding, supportive bell insert, good straps.

Can't beat Cronkhite, though - if you don't get one on sale, I recommend giving Baltimore Brass a call. They offered me a wonderful price on a custom-color bag for my Piggy.
Last edited by fenne1ca on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chris Fenner
1918 Keefer Eb
191? Keefer BBb Helicon
Tabert
bugler
bugler

Post by Tabert »

If you don't mind a top-loader, the Miraphone gig bag for the 1293 fits the Eastman 632 well. I recently purchased one for my own 632, and it's been a superb case.