FOUND, thanks! WTB Feree's Dent Machine Bookmark and Share

No posting restrictions. Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted.

FOUND, thanks! WTB Feree's Dent Machine

Postby bigtubby » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Interested in a Z60, pre or post QR upgrade.
Last edited by bigtubby on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American sailboats, airplanes, banjos, guitars and flutes ...
Italian motorcycles and cars ...
German cameras and tubas ...
Life is Good.
User avatar
bigtubby
4 valves
4 valves
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:43 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: WTB Feree's Dent Machine

Postby saxophyte » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:23 pm

I have one in storage .I will dig it out
saxophyte
bugler
bugler
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:47 pm

Re: WTB Feree's Dent Machine

Postby bigtubby » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:11 pm

saxophyte wrote:I have one in storage .I will dig it out

Thanks Tom, looking forward to hearing from you!

Do you have any other dent tools?
American sailboats, airplanes, banjos, guitars and flutes ...
Italian motorcycles and cars ...
German cameras and tubas ...
Life is Good.
User avatar
bigtubby
4 valves
4 valves
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:43 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: WTB Feree's Dent Machine

Postby bigtubby » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:35 pm

Bump.

Interested in most tuba-sized dent tools.
American sailboats, airplanes, banjos, guitars and flutes ...
Italian motorcycles and cars ...
German cameras and tubas ...
Life is Good.
User avatar
bigtubby
4 valves
4 valves
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:43 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: WTB Feree's Dent Machine

Postby bigtubby » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:30 pm

Bump.
American sailboats, airplanes, banjos, guitars and flutes ...
Italian motorcycles and cars ...
German cameras and tubas ...
Life is Good.
User avatar
bigtubby
4 valves
4 valves
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:43 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: WTB Feree's Dent Machine

Postby the elephant » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:44 pm

QR upgrade?
Image
User avatar
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba
 
Posts: 13792
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: 404 Not Found

Re: WTB Feree's Dent Machine

Postby bigtubby » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:39 pm

the elephant wrote:QR upgrade?

Within the last ten years or so it was redesigned with a quick release (QR) mechanism for the quill.
American sailboats, airplanes, banjos, guitars and flutes ...
Italian motorcycles and cars ...
German cameras and tubas ...
Life is Good.
User avatar
bigtubby
4 valves
4 valves
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:43 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: WTB Feree's Dent Machine

Postby the elephant » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:53 pm

bigtubby wrote:
the elephant wrote:QR upgrade?

Within the last ten years or so it was redesigned with a quick release (QR) mechanism for the quill.


Ah, I see. I do not think mine has the quick release, but I bought it in 2009 or 2010, so that ought to help you narrow in that date of the preferred machines in your search. Good luck. I wonder whether I can pick up the quick release mechanism separately or if it is built into the frame. I guess I need to call them up.

Not trying to be an a$$ here, but do you have any experience using these? I am assuming you do. But I have known a few TubeNetters who bought them hoping to fix up their horns and they pretty much ruined them. These require a *lot* of skill and training to use. If you are not experienced with them the best thing to do (once you have one) is to just buy some beater parts off eBay or from a local tech and use the machine until you stop butchering stuff. You will need a actual person next to you for some guidance. Once you have the various feet/shoes figured out it is easy. Until then it is not.

Best of luck to you, man!

BUMP!
Image
User avatar
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba
 
Posts: 13792
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: 404 Not Found

Re: WTB Feree's Dent Machine

Postby bigtubby » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:52 pm

the elephant wrote:
bigtubby wrote:
the elephant wrote:QR upgrade?

Within the last ten years or so it was redesigned with a quick release (QR) mechanism for the quill.


Ah, I see. I do not think mine has the quick release, but I bought it in 2009 or 2010, so that ought to help you narrow in that date of the preferred machines in your search. Good luck.
My posting explicitly stated that I have no preference.
the elephant wrote:I wonder whether I can pick up the quick release mechanism separately or if it is built into the frame. I guess I need to call them up.
"If you have an older model, you can ship in the old Z60 frame for the Z60-1U update."
https://www.ferreestoolsinc.com/products/the-z60-dent-machine?variant=13454882564
the elephant wrote:Not trying to be an a$$ here, but do you have any experience using these? I am assuming you do. But I have known a few TubeNetters who bought them hoping to fix up their horns and they pretty much ruined them. These require a *lot* of skill and training to use. If you are not experienced with them the best thing to do (once you have one) is to just buy some beater parts off eBay or from a local tech and use the machine until you stop butchering stuff. You will need a actual person next to you for some guidance. Once you have the various feet/shoes figured out it is easy. Until then it is not.

Best of luck to you, man!

Thank you.
American sailboats, airplanes, banjos, guitars and flutes ...
Italian motorcycles and cars ...
German cameras and tubas ...
Life is Good.
User avatar
bigtubby
4 valves
4 valves
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:43 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: WTB Feree's Dent Machine

Postby the elephant » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:54 pm

bigtubby wrote:"If you have an older model, you can ship in the old Z60 frame for the Z60-1U update."
https://www.ferreestoolsinc.com/products/the-z60-dent-machine?variant=13454882564


And THANK YOU back, sir. I did not notice this entry in my catalog. I guess I need the new one; I seem to be woefully out of touch. I will contact them soon to upgrade my machine.
Image
User avatar
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba
 
Posts: 13792
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: 404 Not Found


Return to Wanting To Buy/Seeking

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests