If I Wanted...

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Re: If I Wanted...

Post by Tubajug »

hrender wrote:Bill -- I have a 4/4 4v CC built by Sam. It's not especially light, however. I've been thinking about selling it for a while since I pretty much only play my BBb now. If you're interested in it, send me a PM.
I would be interested to know how much yours weighs, being cut to CC and only having four valves compared to my BBb Frankentuba.
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
MN_TimTuba

Post by MN_TimTuba »

Have you checked out the Big Mouth Brass J-834 and J-845? Both available as 4 valve or 5 valve, healthy bore size and bell diameter. Weight not given on web site. Just one more to add to the mix!
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Bill Troiano »

Tim, I've been wanting to try the 3/4 BMB CC for years. I really like their other tubas. I still own an F. I finally got to try the 5 valve at TMEA this past Feb. Actually, I wasn't impressed with it. I would rather play my 621.
thejester10276
bugler
bugler

Post by thejester10276 »

It's certainly not a looker, but there's a horn being sold at Baltimore Brass as a modified 4v CC York bugle with a Hirsbrunner valve section

Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Bill Troiano »

I did see that horn on the BBC site. It might be a bit large. They say it has excellent response and a great sound. That might mean the intonation isn't too good (possibly).
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Bill Troiano »

Thanks for the heads up. I already saw this. Besides, I just recently bought and quickly sold a 2J. I couldn't deal with the valve cluster angle. Thanks, though.
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Tubajug »

hrender wrote:
hrender wrote:I’ll get the weight of it and let you know.
From stepping on the bathroom scale with and without the horn, I get a weight of 20.8 lbs.
I had forgotten about this, but I just weighed mine using the bathroom scale method and mine is 22.4 pounds.
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.