WTB: Nickel Silver Tubing Bookmark and Share

No posting restrictions. Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted.

WTB: Nickel Silver Tubing

Postby the elephant » Fri May 04, 2018 4:26 pm

I am in need of some nickel silver slide tubing with an ID of 19mm or .750" for another project. Either will work, but the 19 mm will *probably* be the better choice. This will be OUTER slide tubing, so the OD does not matter. All that matters is the ID and that it is solid nickel silver and not plated brass. I need about two feet of it, but three would be better. I can use segments that are six to ten inches in length, too, so long as they are accurate in size and composition, so longer leftover stubs are fine.

Not looking for any help with the project. Advice not sought. I just need the tubing as described. Thanks a lot if you take the time to go digging around in your shop for me.

:tuba: :tuba: :tuba:
Professional Blockhead
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Re: WTB: Nickel Silver Tubing

Postby bloke » Fri May 04, 2018 10:15 pm

I would suggest asking Peter Hirsbrunner.
He indicated to me that he has tubing that he's willing to sell.
I was just about to purchase quite a bit of tubing from him, until he explained to me that it is ~not~ .5mm wall telescoping.
Since you only care about the i.d., I could only guess (??) that he would have 19mm i.d. nickel silver tubing.
I probably shouldn't openly state this, but roughly 2-1/2 years ago he was quoting me around $23/lb. (paid in Swiss Francs) for tubing...plus shipping.
I could easily imagine current prices being higher and/or pricing being higher for smaller quantities than for those which we were discussing at that time.
:arrow: "contact@"
bloke
musician/technician/innovator
musician/technician/innovator

Return to Wanting To Buy/Seeking