WTB: BBb - something German, rotary or piston

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
tmz1m
3 valves
3 valves

WTB: BBb - something German, rotary or piston

Post by tmz1m »

Title says it all. Sold my previous horn and haven't replaced it yet, but would like to. I've PM'd a number of people with ads for sale, but haven't found the right thing yet, still talking to a few people. If you've got a horn for sale that you haven't listed yet, send me a message. Located in Denver, willing to drive a fair ways or do Greyhound/other shipping. Budget is flexible, as is piston/rotary, etc. Smallest horn I would consider is a 186, but willing to go bigger. In particular, I had a 1291 I liked, and have always liked the 289 and other Miraphone horns. Thanks!
Rath R9 Bass Trombone
Getzen 3047AFR Tenor Trombone
toobagrowl
5 valves
5 valves

Re: WTB: BBb - something German, rotary or piston

Post by toobagrowl »

Both Bloke and Tinker have very nice 4/4 4rv B&S/VMI BBb tubas for sale in the Sponsors section for good prices :!: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=87931&p=656708
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=87820 I'd buy one of those tubas if I had the money; but 13+ years later and I'm still paying off student loans... :roll:
tmz1m
3 valves
3 valves

Post by tmz1m »

Good points. I’ve been in touch with Bloke and will give Dan’s Horn a look.
Rath R9 Bass Trombone
Tubanomicon
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tubanomicon »

“Very little strength can produce much motion of air. Learn about air as motion.”

--Arnold Jacobs
Chemicalbrotner
bugler
bugler

Post by Chemicalbrotner »

I have a Russian 3v Bb and could supply a spare valve for converting to 4v.
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by groth »

tmz1m wrote:Title says it all. Sold my previous horn and haven't replaced it yet, but would like to. I've PM'd a number of people with ads for sale, but haven't found the right thing yet, still talking to a few people. If you've got a horn for sale that you haven't listed yet, send me a message. Located in Denver, willing to drive a fair ways or do Greyhound/other shipping. Budget is flexible, as is piston/rotary, etc. Smallest horn I would consider is a 186, but willing to go bigger. In particular, I had a 1291 I liked, and have always liked the 289 and other Miraphone horns. Thanks!
Sent you a PM
tmz1m
3 valves
3 valves

Post by tmz1m »

Thanks for all of the PMs and recommendations. I decided on a Miraphone 191 5-valve, will be receiving next week.

Mouthpiece recommendations anyone?
Rath R9 Bass Trombone
Maasterkrafk88
lurker
lurker

Post by Maasterkrafk88 »

I've got a near mint Rudy Bb-baritone euphonium. I'd love to send you the picks. You won't be let down, and the price is very easy. Seems me your email and ill send the pack of 4k pictures, comes with hard shell lock travel case and a new soft backpack bag.
BEST,
Mike