Seeking Loaner/Rent to Buy BBb or CC in NYC

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
BrassoProfundo
bugler
bugler

Seeking Loaner/Rent to Buy BBb or CC in NYC

Post by BrassoProfundo »

Fellow NYC Area Tubists,

Rip van Winkle of the Tuba here, after long wandering, I got back into tuba playing after a 20+ year hiatus from my studies with Pat Landolfi, Sam Pilafian, and Don Harry.

I recently returned to NYC, and friends from an orchestra with whom I performed six years ago are inviting (begging?) me to play with them again. Alas, I have neither a tuba nor the funds to buy one at the moment.

As I establish my new financial planning and insurance practice with Northwestern Mutual, I'm looking for loaners, rentals, or possibly rent to buys, expecting to be readier to buy in the spring.

Any reasonably decent, playable student, conservatory or pro level horn, 4-5 valves, 3/4, 4/4, or 5/4 size, BBb or CC will be considered. Even if it needs lubing and cleaning up, valve and slide refreshing, I should be able to handle that myself. I'm reasonably good at managing stops, lubing, cleaning, refreshing long unused or not ideally managed horns, and lovingly care and protect those I play.

If you have such a horn or know of those who might, please let me know.

BrassoProfundo
aka AdamMRosenberg@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank

Here I am in 2011
Think song and wind, not meat and muscle. -Arnold Jacobs
Tuba, mirum spargens sonum, per sepulchra regionum, coget omnes ante thronum.
With tubas and the call of the rams horn shout with joy. בחצצרות וקול שופר הריעו