WTB: .615"/.650" id/od tubing OR B&H euph 3rd comp. slide

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
funkhoss
bugler
bugler

WTB: .615"/.650" id/od tubing OR B&H euph 3rd comp. slide

Post by funkhoss »

Hi All,

For years, I've had some pieces of rubber tubing holding the third valve compensating slide on my older Besson/B&H euphonium in an extended position, in order to make the "low C" (134 combination) more in tune. However, those rubber tubing pieces are now rotting, and I think it's time to actually make a proper "longer" tuning slide.

So, what I need is one of two things. I'd either like to find some tubing to make longer slide legs, or another third valve compensating slide that I can disassemble and use to the same end. The tubing, to the best of my measurements, would need to be .615" inner diameter and .650" (or .648" according to my calipers) outer diameter, with the outer diameter of course being the more important dimension. Anyone have tubing like this laying around? Or, the third valve compensating slide I think would work from ANY English made Besson/B&H compensating euphonium. A slide from a current production German made instrument would not work, however.

If you have either some tubing of those dimensions or an extra tuning slide laying around, please let me know: funkhoss@gmail.com" target="_blank.

Thanks!

-Funkhoss
funkhoss
bugler
bugler

Re: WTB: .615"/.650" id/od tubing OR B&H euph 3rd comp. slid

Post by funkhoss »

I'm still looking for tubing, or a 3rd valve compensating slide. Please let me know if you've got anything that might work!

-Funkhoss