WTB Beginner F Tuba

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
DylanTuba
bugler
bugler

WTB Beginner F Tuba

Post by DylanTuba »

Looking for an F tuba for around 2000-3000.
Preferably would like to meet and play the horn, I'm in the Hudson Valley area of NY currently. Looking to learn F on this horn and then upgrade later on when need be.
Bclark14
lurker
lurker

Re: WTB Beginner F Tuba

Post by Bclark14 »

There was a Mack just posted in the for sale section for $1500, located in TX. Not mine, but is definitely priced to get it moving. Good luck!
dasanchezr
bugler
bugler

Post by dasanchezr »

Hey! are you still looking for an F Tuba? I have a Wessex Berg that I am posting tonight for sale.
let me know if you're interested I'll be happy to send you pictures after I take them.
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Post by MaryAnn »

If you're a beginner on F and do well with pistons, I'd get a piston horn. Rotary F tubas can be frustrating for the uninitiated.
DylanTuba
bugler
bugler

Post by DylanTuba »

MaryAnn wrote:If you're a beginner on F and do well with pistons, I'd get a piston horn. Rotary F tubas can be frustrating for the uninitiated.
Forgot to mention, I already found a horn, BMB J445. However I do play on a PT-6 rotary and just wanted to go piston on F due to easier maintenance.
Frank Ortega
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Frank Ortega »

Frank Ortega
Band Director
Saddle Brook MS/HS
The Bloomfield Civic Band
Music Director/Conductor
Bon Temps Brass