WTB: CC Tuba For College

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Womp$
lurker
lurker

WTB: CC Tuba For College

Post by Womp$ »

I'm looking for a CC tuba I can use for college. I'm currently a senior in high school, in the middle of applying to colleges, and I realize I'm going to need a tuba.

I would prefer a 4/4, 5 valve piston, but will take rotary if the price is right.

I'm also on a budget, I'd like to spend no more than $4,000. I do realize that will probably make things harder but I'd really appreciate anything anyone can do for me.

Let me know if you have a tuba, or know someone with one.

Please and thank you.
SUU Music Ed
daktx2
bugler
bugler

Re: WTB: CC Tuba For College

Post by daktx2 »

If you're near South Carolina, this old Miraphone would be an awesome first C, but it likely won't last long at that price.

https://greenville.craigslist.org/msg/d ... 35992.html
Weltklang B&S Symphonie F tuba
Bohm and Meinl 5520 C tuba
Mark Horne
bugler
bugler

Post by Mark Horne »

Check with Noah at the Brassark.com

I have taken my Kalison Daryl Smith model there for consignment, but it is not yet listed on his website. One of the most underrated tubas out there - it will do everything you need. Definitely a professional level instrument.
Alexander 163 CC 5V, MW Thor, Mel Culbertson Neptune, B&S Symphonie F 6V
Womp$
lurker
lurker

Post by Womp$ »

daktx2 wrote:If you're near South Carolina, this old Miraphone would be an awesome first C, but it likely won't last long at that price.

https://greenville.craigslist.org/msg/d ... 35992.html
Thank you, but unfortunately I'm all the way in Utah
SUU Music Ed