WTB - Barcone Sousa-Shaped Baritone

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

WTB - Barcone Sousa-Shaped Baritone

Post by Dan Schultz »

I'm looking for one of the sousaphone shaped baritones. Don't care if it's a Barcone or other make. Prefer a 'beater 'cause I can fix 'em. I don't care about the valves. Basically... all I want is the bell and body.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Re: WTB - Barcone Sousa-Shaped Baritone

Post by windshieldbug »

I have a couple of barcone-sized sousaphones out in the garage.
They came from an elementary program.
I recall one is Eb and one is either Bb or BBb, but I won’t get out there until tomorrow to dig ‘em out and check. Gigs today...
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

Don't know what you need it for, but I found them and they are those Kris Kratt "mini" sousaphones.
BBb and Eb.
The Eb seemed about 21" OD for the body with a 19" bell.
The bell joint was about 3 1/2" OD on the female side.
I've got 1 neck between the two and I didn't even look at the BBb too closely, although it's very similar in size.
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

What I'm shooting for is a very large-ish F horn type of horn in Bb with four pistons or rotors. I probably need to start with a Bb mini-sousi to get the tapers to work with a valve section of about a .600" bore. Thanks for having a look.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.