WTB Alexander 163 Receiver Bookmark and Share

No posting restrictions. Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted.

WTB Alexander 163 Receiver

Postby Porky » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:20 am

Hello everyone I'm looking to buy a Alex Receiver if you have one laying around you arent using I'd be happy to take it off your hands. Mine is a American receiver but looking to get a European one.
Porky
bugler
bugler

Re: WTB Alexander 163 Receiver

Postby the elephant » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:12 am

If you are talking about an older Alex there is no such thing. The receiver on an Alexander is just the leadpipe expanded into a nickel silver sleeve. The leadpipe itself is the receiver. If you have a separate receiver your leadpipe was cut off and one was installed and is not from the factory. In many cases the entire leadpipe may have been replaced (frequently with one from Miraphone).

If you have a new Alexander, I cannot help you as I have never seen one. They have a separate receiver, I think, but they would be rare enough that you would need to order one from Mainz; there will not be any just floating around out in the wild.

This isn't *my* old 163, perchance? Mark Jones cut off the receiver/leadpipe and installed a Dillon AGR after I traded it to him in 2007. Mine would have a thumb ring attached to the 2nd slide via some brass rod that allows you to tune it as you play.

Can you post photos of what you have?
TinyPic sucks. Just sayin'…

Miraphone rotor stem screws = M3.5x0.50
Miraphone cork plate screws = M2.6x0.45 (not a typo)
You're welcome.
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Re: WTB Alexander 163 Receiver

Postby Ken Crawford » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:38 pm

I recently ordered a leadpipe and receiver for an old 164 from Alexander. They were very easy to work with and shipped quickly. Email Caspar Kerkhoff at C.Kerkhoff@musik-alexander.de

He gots good English.
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Return to Wanting To Buy/Seeking