WTB - A case for a Holton 345BB

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
zebulon1
lurker
lurker

WTB - A case for a Holton 345BB

Post by zebulon1 »

Looking for a case, soft or hard. preferably used in good shape.
I had a wooden light weight one but the ware and tear began to takes its toll. Then the water heater let go and put the final nail in its coffin.
The case was really a place to put it when not in use. It wasn't made for heavy travel.
The horn was in the house safe and sound.
MN_TimTuba

Re: WTB - A case for a Holton 345BB

Post by MN_TimTuba »

Zeb,
I have a Holton 345BBb also. A few years ago I purchased a gig bag from Wessex, and am very pleased with it for my once or twice a week short trips from house to vehicle/vehicle to rehearsal spot. Check the website, they have a variety of bag sizes, get the one for 6/4 horns with 20" bell up, valve front. The shoulder straps are terrific, I use them all the time, and the 2 zippered pouches are large enough for a music folder, several mouthpieces, oils, cleaning rag, and a sandwich. This is also a handy bag for in-house storage of your horn. Naturally, it won't protect in violent situations as well as a hard case would, but it works well for me in normal use. Since I've purchased mine, a friend has purchased one for his big Eastman, and now says he's getting one for his King 2341 as well.
Good luck, whatever you find.
Tim