LOOKING FOR a floor "mat"/ "stand"

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
TubaTuck
lurker
lurker

LOOKING FOR a floor "mat"/ "stand"

Post by TubaTuck »

I'm looking for a pad so to speak to set my tuba on it's Bell on the floor. I recently saw these at the MMEA convention and was wondering where I could purchase one of these for my own horn?

The best I can describe them was a wood square with carpeting to protect the bell from any scratches or dents. It also had a lip on the top the bell slid under to prevent it from falling.

I have looked all around and haven't found any examples of this mysterious "stand"!!
Liberty Mo
3 valves
3 valves

Re: LOOKING FOR a floor "mat"/ "stand"

Post by Liberty Mo »

Baltimore Brass sold them back in the day, not sure if they still do. I think they called them pallet stands.
Miraphone 1291-5v BBb
Conn Monster BBb
"Half of the World is Below Average"
KKORO
bugler
bugler

Post by KKORO »

I'm going to make one for myself in my wood shop. PM me.

KKORO
KKORO
bugler
bugler

Post by KKORO »

I forgot to mention that Custom Tuba in Southeastern MI had all their tubas on those sorts of stands. I was there trying out mouthpieces and didn't try any tubas, so I didn't see how well they supported the tuba. they were not for sale, that I could see, and all looked home made. You may want to give them a call. http://customtubas.com/" target="_blank

KKORO