WTB Project Tuba

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Womp$
lurker
lurker

WTB Project Tuba

Post by Womp$ »

Hey I'm interested in maybe getting a project tuba. I'm new at this so I don't want anything too intensive, but still enough to give me a challenge. I figure if I get to a point where I don't think I can do it anymore I could send it to a shop and have them do it. But I'm interested in getting into a bit of instrument repair. I don't want anything super hard to fix, and I'd like it to be pretty inexpensive as well.
SUU Music Ed
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Re: WTB Project Tuba

Post by The Big Ben »

Womp$ wrote:Hey I'm interested in maybe getting a project tuba. I'm new at this so I don't want anything too intensive, but still enough to give me a challenge. I figure if I get to a point where I don't think I can do it anymore I could send it to a shop and have them do it. But I'm interested in getting into a bit of instrument repair. I don't want anything super hard to fix, and I'd like it to be pretty inexpensive as well.
Do you think you could satisfy your jones for instrument repair with a couple of trumpets? Get a couple student trumpets and get them working again. Or cut one of them into a C trumpet- actually a useful key. Would be much cheaper than a tuba and you wouldn't have as much metal hanging around if you hate it. If you like it, go for the gusto with a tuba.
Womp$
lurker
lurker

Re: WTB Project Tuba

Post by Womp$ »

The Big Ben wrote:Do you think you could satisfy your jones for instrument repair with a couple of trumpets? Get a couple student trumpets and get them working again. Or cut one of them into a C trumpet- actually a useful key. Would be much cheaper than a tuba and you wouldn't have as much metal hanging around if you hate it. If you like it, go for the gusto with a tuba.
I hadn't even thought of that, that would probably be a lot smarter. Thank you for the advice.
SUU Music Ed