WTB a cheap reliable CC Tuba

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Robarse98
lurker
lurker

WTB a cheap reliable CC Tuba

Post by Robarse98 »

I'm looking to buy a used 4V CC tuba, piston valves. Would prefer to spend about $2500 or less without buying Mack Brass or Wessex.

Would love to get an older Conn, like a 2j or 3j. Willing to negotiate shipping.
Robert Arsenault
B.S. Music Education
Western Connecticut State University
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: WTB a cheap reliable CC Tuba

Post by iiipopes »

What's wrong with Wessex? Have you not read all of the positive reviews and threads on this forum and other places? I have a Wessex instrument that does exactly what it is supposed to do for its application. Think again about Wessex.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

Heavy_Metal
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Heavy_Metal »

Baltimore Brass has a 3J that's in your price range- scroll down to see it:

http://www.baltimorebrass.net/index.php?cat=5" target="_blank

:tuba:
Principal tuba, Bel Air Community Band
Old (early 1900s?) Alexander BBb proto-163
1976 Sonora (B&S 101) 4-rotor BBb
1964 Conn 20J/21J BBb (one body, both bells)
1970s Marzan Slant-rotor BBb
~1904 York 3P BBb Helicon
Old Alex Comp.F, in shop
joshealejo
3 valves
3 valves

Post by joshealejo »

Mark Finley wrote:Nothing wrong with not wanting a Chinese instrument. Some people would rather have a used horn from a non Chinese maker because if build quality or any number of other reasons. Yes, it narrows the selection a little bit, but if that's what he wants, that's what he wants.

Totally agree.
Some stuff
Ace
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ace »

I've got a Weril 3/4 CC tuba, 4 piston valves, silver-plated in superb condition. I bought it a few years ago from Michael Bush, well-known on this board before his untimely death. It's built like a tank to military specs in Brazil by transplanted European craftsmen. The build quality is impeccable. Intonation and beauty of sound are very good. I am no longer playing because of age (83), and I'd like to sell to an adult player, not a careless youngster who might not respect the horn. This horn is a steal at my price of $1400 plus shipping. PM me if interested. Joe used to carry these tubas at Mid-South Music Company, and Michael put some sort of guides (developed by Joe) on the pistons of this instrument. There was an extra set of these guides enclosed when I received the horn. Nice valve action.

Ace

Ace