Cheap "Marching" trombone

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
octavelower
bugler
bugler

Cheap "Marching" trombone

Post by octavelower »

Hello everyone,

My student would like to find a trombone for marching band, either a straight tenor or smallish tenor with F attachment.
It just needs to be in decent playable shape, it is for marching.

His budget is $500 give or take.

Anyone?

Thank you
Corey
Dr. CDRom
4/4 Rudy
Teacher/Performer
scaringellidt
lurker
lurker

Re: Cheap "Marching" trombone

Post by scaringellidt »

I have a Jupiter XO 1028 straight tenor. Slide is 8/10. Looking to let it go for $400 + shipping. Its a nice horn. Can send pictures upon request.
Tanker_5455
lurker
lurker

Post by Tanker_5455 »

I don't know how easy it is to find, but cheap marching trombones can be found in army surplus stores. Sure, it's rare, but if you look online, you can find decent instruments for dirt cheap.
ncoumos
lurker
lurker

Post by ncoumos »

If you haven't found anything yet either because of price or quality, I have an old Martin "handcraft" that I used as a marching trombone many years ago, The slide worked fine as I remember. It is a small bore tenor and maybe 75 years old. (Maybe .500 bore, I'll measure it if you like. The case is usable and it will cost you much more to ship that I want for the horn. Maybe $25. I can negotiate on price but not shipping. I can send you pictures if you like.