WTB: Gig Bag for Wessex Prokofiev

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Seb Rowland
lurker
lurker

WTB: Gig Bag for Wessex Prokofiev

Post by Seb Rowland »

I am a college student, and am not looking to spend much. Just something with backpack straps that will keep the horn safe and dry on the commutes to lessons and rehearsals. The horn has a 20" bell, and is similar in build to most other large 6/4 York-style CCs (I believe). Anyone who has a bag that might work or who can point me in the direction of someone/somewhere that does (for cheap), your advice is much appreciated!

Thanks
Seb Rowland

EDIT: Due to shipping damage and a change of mind about what horn I actually need, I sent the Prokofiev back to Wessex and thus no longer need the gig bag. But thanks for everyone who pitched in their advice!
Last edited by Seb Rowland on Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miraphone 496 Hagen
Seb Rowland
lurker
lurker

Re: WTB: Gig Bag for Wessex Prokofiev

Post by Seb Rowland »

the elephant wrote:Get the Wessex B-800 bag. They are inexpensive but well made. I used one for a few years. The way it loads was not for me, but I cannot complain about the quality or price; it did it's job quite well for what it is. They generally have a bag to fit every horn they sell. Check it out. They are pretty much the cheapest you will find and they are not garbage. This model bag is a big large for this tuba, but I was told it works well.

Their number is (616) 843-6888. If you decide to call, ask for Steve Marcus. He is a TubeNetter from way back and is a good guy.

Best of luck!

Wade
Thanks Wade!

Steve's great, he actually sold me my horn, and I've been in contact with him for the past couple months now. He recommended the B800 as well, and said he had used it for a Prokofiev recently too. The only two problems with the B800 I see are that it's a bit loose, and that it's currently out of stock. But maybe I'll shoot Steve an email and see when there will next be one ready.

I had been looking at the used market in case I got lucky and someone had an old Altieri or Cronkhite or Messina for sale, as I like those style of cases as well (particularly the fit of the Altieri). I saw a listing for an Altieri for a 6/4 York on here for $100, but I think it sold almost immediately, as it was in good nick and at a pretty solid price.

But both the B800 and the ProTec bag on Dillon are great $200 and under options I'm highly considering. Both a bit of a loose fit, but nothing some extra padding or a luggage strap couldn't help with.
Miraphone 496 Hagen
tclements
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Re: WTB: Gig Bag for Wessex Prokofiev

Post by tclements »

I have one still in the box I never used. I'll sell it to you what I paid for is, plus shipping. PM me.