WTB: Conn 20J Bell Bookmark and Share

No posting restrictions. Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted.

WTB: Conn 20J Bell

Postby cctubaneeds » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:29 am

I am looking for a bell or bells for a 20J.
I was given a 20J but the person that owns it lost the bell. I would consider new if someone could suggest a suitable bell. I would prefer upright, but front facing is okay to as the horn doesn't work the way it is.

Must be willing to ship to Canada.
JP379CC
Boosey & Co Solbron Eb - 4v Comp
cctubaneeds
bugler
bugler

Re: WTB: Conn 20J Bell

Postby the elephant » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:03 pm

Genuine Conn upright bells for these generally seem to sell for about $750 without the bell case, and that is in fairly decent condition, with dents and scratches. Even beat up ones go for a good bit. They are also very hard to find, normally, though a few pop up here and on eBay and such from time to time.

Shipping these would be costly because they need a large box. Shipping in the hard case would probably be safer if one is available, but the cost will shoot up due to the high weight of the case.

The recording bells are a LOT cheaper to buy; I see these selling from $150 to about $300 online (depending on the condition) and they are much easier to find. The hard cases for the recording bells are also much easier to locate. Shipping would be about the same as the upright.

Best of luck! :tuba:
Mama always said "Beware the Jubjub bird and shun the frumious Bandersnatch!" But mama drank a lot.
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Return to Wanting To Buy/Seeking