(found)

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
funkhoss
bugler
bugler

(found)

Post by funkhoss »

No longer looking. Thanks!
Bbfoghorn
bugler
bugler

Re: (found)

Post by Bbfoghorn »

Funky, Where did you find a 981 leadpipe? I'm restoring a real early Imp/Besson Eb with the crappy tapered 982 leadpipe.
jmarchozzi@wntwp.com" target="_blank
funkhoss
bugler
bugler

Re: (found)

Post by funkhoss »

Well...

Initially, I modified an Imperial leadpipe myself. I annealed it, and then pushed progressively larger steel balls into it: all the way through at first, and then stopping at fixed points and tapping them back out, until it had a consistently larger taper. I then fitted it with a modified American shank receiver. It looked ugly, but definitely played "bigger" and more open than an Imperial/982 leadpipe.

More recently, however, I heard back from a retailer in the UK that was able to order a new 981 leadpipe and receiver for me. They don't have it listed on their website, so you'd have to ask them to order it, too. The two parts with shipping from the UK ended up being about $125 total.

https://www.dawkes.co.uk/" target="_blank

I hope this helps!

-Funkhoss