WTB: Your old beat up unplayable Sousaphone

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
toakstertuba
bugler
bugler

WTB: Your old beat up unplayable Sousaphone

Post by toakstertuba »

Hey Tubenet!

Asking for a friend that does metal sculpture. He's been commissioned to do a piece for the Portland Trailblazers. Doesn't need to play, just needs to be recognizable as a sousaphone. I know someone out there has a few too many "project" horns sitting around. Looking to spend 300-400 shipped.

Thanks in advance!
Tabor
4 valves
4 valves

Re: WTB: Your old beat up unplayable Sousaphone

Post by Tabor »

I have a deal for you....

I have some sousaphone parts that are pretty awful...not a full sousaphone but most of the branches of the body. (no valves, no bell) The branches are cracked up and really beyond being useful for a real instrument. I used them to practice learning silver soldering/brazing. You can have it for free. If you can get to Springfield, MA.

If not, I'd want the shipping to be covered + $20 for the box/materials/time to send it out. Everything is unsoldered, so I can send it in a more normal sized box.

PM me if you'd like them.
Tubas
Matto
bugler
bugler

Post by Matto »

I have a sousaphone bell and a most of a valve cluster - not a complete sousa, but...?

I live in Vancouver, Washington, so I am local and can meet in Portland - no shipping. I have attached some images. Let me know if you are interested or not? Thanks - Matt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
toakstertuba
bugler
bugler

Post by toakstertuba »

Thanks Everyone! I'll check in with the artist and see if any of these fits his needs!