WTB: Cheap BBb Tuba to continue playing on

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Tpapp54321
lurker
lurker

WTB: Cheap BBb Tuba to continue playing on

Post by Tpapp54321 »

Hello!
After graduating high school I’ve found it really hard to continue pursuing Tuba without owning my own horn. I was able to continue playing my first semester by being in a band class, however it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to fit another band course into my schedule for quite some time :( So what I’m looking for is a tuba in the range of $500. I don’t need anything special like a fourth valve, just something dependable and that I can continue to practice on for fun. I would prefer to avoid anything with valves on the top rather then the front, but I realize that for $500 I can’t be picky :lol: I’m located in central Ohio and can drive to anything 2 hours away for pickup if need be. Let me know if you’ve got any tubas either around $500 or less! Thank you!

-Thomas P
Tabor
4 valves
4 valves

Re: WTB: Cheap BBb Tuba to continue playing on

Post by Tabor »

Hello Thomas,

Especially because of your location, I would see if board member saxophyte has anything. He frequently sells tubas at really good prices on ebay, and seems to have a knack for frequently finding tubas that are good deals.
Tubas
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Post by edsel585960 »

I'll have a couple of horns ready to go in the next few weeks. They will be on the Ft. Myers FL Craigslist when they're ready.
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Post by edsel585960 »

It might be an 11J. potato, pototto. Still a good price for that horn.
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.