LTB 3/4 Tuba Easy to carry

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
adwilson41
lurker
lurker

LTB 3/4 Tuba Easy to carry

Post by adwilson41 »

Hi, Everybody

I'm in search of a small BBb or CC tuba or sousaphone that I can take to outdoor, pep, or marching gigs. I don't have a lot to spend, but it doesn't have to be fancy. As long as it works, is in tune, is light-weight, and has some good volume/sound, I'm set. Looking for $750 or less (I know, it's not enough), but I'm hoping y'all with your ears to the ground will have some leads.

Thanks! :tuba:
G&P GP13 CC
Yamaha YBB-103
Conn 88H
davidgilbreath
bugler
bugler
Location: My Old Kentucky Home in Marietta, GA (or little England way beyond Wales)

Re: LTB 3/4 Tuba Easy to carry

Post by davidgilbreath »

This 12J may be the answer:
vespa50sp wrote:Conn 12J Tuba, A real workhorse of the tuba world at a reasonable cost. The horn was serviced last year with most dents removed, all slides pull and it plays well. Will include a Wessex soft, backpack case and Conn Helleberg mouthpiece with this horn. I can also include a functional but ugly hard case for the horn if you wish.

The horn is located in Shoreview, MN near Minneapolis/St. Paul. Willing to ship Greyhound at buyer's expense if necessary. Thanks for looking.
". . . and madly he played . . . "
David Gilbreath
1925 Conn New Wonder Monster Front Action BBb
c. 1938 York 716 BBb 4v

mariettapopsorchestra.org
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Re: LTB 3/4 Tuba Easy to carry

Post by edsel585960 »

That 12J is a great horn. Sound is BIG for their size.
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.