Gig bag for Alex 163

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Gig bag for Alex 163

Post by bort »

I've got a Cronkhite bag on order for my Alex 163, but with the crud-related shutdowns, I'm guessing it's going to be quite a while until they get to it. An uncovered tuba in a house with 2 little kids makes me nervous.

Anyone out there have something that will fit an Alex 163?
opus37
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Gig bag for Alex 163

Post by opus37 »

I have reunion blues bag, side loader in maroon cordura. It came with my miraphone 383. That horn is 37 inches tall, 17 inches wide and has a 15 inch bell. I don't know if that will fit your Alex. It's in good shape, no cuts or rips. It is a bit dirty around the outside bell rim area, but that could be cleaned off. The shoulder straps are brand new.

Brian
Brian
1892 Courtiere (J.W. Pepper Import) Helicon Eb
1980's Yamaha 321 euphonium
2007 Miraphone 383 Starlight
2010 Kanstul 66T
2016 Bubbie Mark 5
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

^Thanks Brian. Not the right size though

One last bump... 41.5" tall, 16.5" bell...
Mark Horne
bugler
bugler

Post by Mark Horne »

The 163 will fit into any bag designed for a Miraphone 186. Glenn used the same pattern for both, and I can confirm that it's a good fit.
Alexander 163 CC 5V, MW Thor, Mel Culbertson Neptune, B&S Symphonie F 6V
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Bump...

Because who knows how long the order for my Cronkhite bag will take...
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Thanks Wade!

I'm not too concerned about the fit of the Cronkhite, Lee placed that order when I bought it from him, so clearly, he knows what he's doing.

My issue is that I currently have the best tuba I've ever owned, sitting uncovered in a closet. Would like to get it protected until the real bag is ready.

I haven't prowled eBay in a while (usually hate doing that), but will look there too.

Thanks! :tuba:
greenbean
Superfine Cases
Superfine Cases

Post by greenbean »

Bort, what is the bell size and height of your Alex?. I can probably send you a bag to borrow/trial...
-----
Tom Rice
http://www.superfinecases.com
Mirafone 184 BBb
B&M Marzan BBb
1974 Besson Eb
tubalamb
pro musician
pro musician

Post by tubalamb »

Bort,

I use one of the bright blue Miraphone 186 top-loading bags for my Alex 163 (that I picked up a year ago). I have Cronkhite cases for other horns. Maybe the Cronkhite cases are a bit better, but I have no complaints with the Miraphone bag.

Good luck.
Steve Lamb
U.S. Coast Guard Band
Rhode Island Philharmonic
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

tubalamb wrote:Bort,

I use one of the bright blue Miraphone 186 top-loading bags for my Alex 163 (that I picked up a year ago). I have Cronkhite cases for other horns. Maybe the Cronkhite cases are a bit better, but I have no complaints with the Miraphone bag.

Good luck.
Thanks!

I had one for my 188 several years ago, and agree that it was a really nice bag. I'll have to check it out and see what they cost these days.

Edit: in 2011, I paid $279 for my Miraphone gig bag. Today's price is $379. You get what you pay for, but that's still a good chunk of change.